Voice For The Needy, Inc association, located at 11270 Exposition Blvd #2462, Los Angeles, CA 90064, United States of America, EIN 46-2682461, takes care of your privacy and wants you to feel protected on our platform. The document below, which contains the explanations of the data we collect, meets these expectations. Below you will learn how information is collected, what kind of information is collected and how it will be used by us. You will also know how to protect and secure your account.
Processing of personal data
We process your personal data exclusively within the legal provisions of the protection of personal data laws. These are the provisions of Law no. 677/2001 and EU Regulation 679/2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data, as well as the provisions of Law no. 506/2004 on the processing of personal data and the protection of privacy in the electronic communications sector.
Our employees and agents have the obligation to comply with the data protection provisions in accordance with the legal requirements.
All questions / complaints regarding your data, data protection by Voice For The Needy, Inc association can be addressed to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The purpose of data processing is:
The purposes for which personal data is processed by Voice For The Needy, Inc are as follows:
- Email communication. We can use the information you have given us to send you communications via messages on your email inbox. If you have signed up for some of our newsletters, we will send you this information to your email address. The legal basis of processing is your consent. You can withdraw your subscription from the newsletter whenever you like.
- User accounts. Our website wants to be a community. For this reason, we recommend that you create a user profile on our site and participate in discussions.
- Donations and product purchase. We may process your personal data, such as identification data and contact details for the purpose of delivering goods and making payments based on relevant contracts (such as donations). This processing is based on the execution of a contract to which donors and buyers are part or on a legal obligation imposed on us.
- Statistical analysis. We have a legitimate interest in understanding how our site works, how it is read and what our audience is. To do this, we aggregate data from multiple sources. We can use this data to improve certain features, modify sections, or provide you with the most relevant information in the best possible graphical form.
- Behavior control. voicefortheneedy.org is a community of civilized debate. We may use your personal data to prevent any activity that is illegal, forbidden on the site or harms the activity of others on the site.
- Contests and competitions. We may collect and process your personal data in connection with your participation in the various contests and competitions organized through our website, for the purpose of selecting winners, awarding prizes and centralizing statistical reports on consumers as well as communicating with you and other people in connection with the above. This processing is based on the legitimate interest of Voice For The Needy, Inc association or on the execution of a contract to which you are a party (for example, when filling out a registration form for such a contest or competition) or on your consent, in the case of sensitive data.
We may publish your photos, videos, audio recordings or audio-visual recordings of you under the same conditions as those above at point 6, depending on the character or nature of certain contests.
In cases where we need your consent to process your personal data, we will ask you for your consent in a transparent manner when you provide your personal data. You will be able to withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us at email@example.com e-mail address. However, withdrawal of consent will not affect the legality of any processing that took place prior to its withdrawal.
We may also process your personal data, such as your identification, contact details, and address of residence, for the purposes of exercising our rights or claims against you in the future. This processing is based on our legitimate interest, and need to exercise our rights in the event of litigation.
Your rights and ways to exercise them
According to EU Regulation 679/2016, you benefit from:
- the right of access; you can obtain confirmation from us that we process your personal data as well as information on the specifics of the processing
- the right to data rectification; you may ask us to modify your incorrect personal data or, if necessary, fill in the data that is incomplete
- the right to data deletion (“the right to be forgotten”), you may request the deletion of your personal data when: (i) it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we have collected and processed it, (ii) you have withdrawn your consent for data processing and we can no longer process them on other legal grounds, (iii) the data is processed contrary to the law, (iv) the data must be deleted according to the relevant legislation
- the right to restrict processing; under certain conditions (if you are contesting the accuracy of the data, if the processing is illegal, if the data is required for finding, exercising or defending a right in court, or if you object to the processing of the data), you may request that the processing of your personal data be restricted
- the right to data portability; In so far as we process data by automated means, you may request, under the law, to provide your data in a structured, frequently used and readable form. We may pass your data to another entity, if technically possible and if you are requesting this.
- the right to opposition and the individual automated decision-making process, including the creation of profiles; you may at any time oppose processing for marketing purposes, including profiling for that purpose, as well as processing based on the legitimate interest of the Company, for reasons related to your specific situation
- the right to withdraw consent in the case of processing for information or promotion purposes; you can at any time withdraw consent to data processing to which you consented previously
- the right to lodge a complaint with an authority that supervises the processing of personal data; you have the right to file a complaint with the data processing supervisor if you believe that your rights have been violated
- the right to a judicial remedy; the right to exercise judicial remedy against a legally binding decision by a supervisory authority
- the right to be notified by the operator about the processing of your personal data
To exercise the above mentioned rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What data is stored by Voice For The Needy, Inc association?
- Storage and processing of non-personal data (anonymous) for system-related internal purposes and for statistical purposes
In the case of accessing our website, your web browser automatically transmits data (e.g., date and time of access, the URL of the sending website, the file being accessed, the amount of data transmitted, the type and version of the browser, operating system) to our server based on technical settings. This data is collected and used exclusively for statistical purposes and for analysis purpose, e.g. to improve your experience on the site.
Certain traffic data (such as IP addresses or other device identifiers with which you visit our site) may in some circumstances be personal data and we will treat it as such.
- Storage and processing of personal data
Data for the newsletter service. When registering for our newsletter, your data is used by Voice For The Needy, Inc association for promotional and marketing purposes. Use ceases as soon as you quit the newsletter service. You can cancel the newsletter service at any time by unsubscribing.
User account data. When registering as a user on the site, we collect: your first name, last name, or your desired nickname, email, photo, if you associate a social media network account, we have access to your profile profile on that social media network. You can opt out of your account by sending an email to email@example.com
Donations and product purchases. In order to make a donation, the following data is collected: first name, last name, address, phone number, email address associated with your PayPal account.
Our website contains cookies. Cookies save your preferred settings. Cookies are also used by us for statistical purposes. We draw your attention to the fact that by preventing cookies from being installed, you may not be able to use all the features of our website.
You can contact the Data Protection Officer at the firstname.lastname@example.org to request information or make any other requests made on the basis of individuals’ rights stipulated by GDPR.
Cookies will be categorized by:
A visit on this website may store the following cookies in your browser:
- Essential cookies. Required for site operation. We can use key cookies to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of user accounts, or provide site-specific features.
- Traffic measuring cookies. It allows us to recognize and count the number of visitors and see how visitors navigate the website when they use it. This helps us improve the way the website works.
- Function Cookies. These cookies are used to recognize you when you return to the website. This allows us to customize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, choosing your language or region).
- Targeting Cookie. Record your visit to the website, the pages you’ve visited, and the links you’ve clicked on. We will use this information to make the site even more relevant to your interests. It is also possible to share this information with third parties, also in order to make the site more relevant to you.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use third-party cookies to report site usage statistics and improve marketing efforts.
- Tracking cookies. Tracking cookies follow the user behavior on the site and connect this behavior to other values that allow a better understanding of the usage habits.
- Optimization cookie. Allows real-time tracking of users conversion from different marketing channels to evaluate the conversion effectiveness.
In what situations do third parties have access to your data?
The information collected is intended for use by Voice For The Needy, Inc only and is only communicated to the following categories of recipients: third party suppliers directly or indirectly involved in the processes for the aforementioned purposes (IT service providers, consulting services providers, suppliers payment processing services, etc.) or statutory public authorities as part of an investigation into illegal activities but only on the basis of a legal mandate.
If you are involved in public activity on the website, such as comments on articles, any such information can be read, collected, or used by others. Please pay attention to what you post and what information you provide there.
Social media networks plugins
Our website uses “plugins” from social network operators (eg www.facebook.com). All social network plugins on our website are clearly marked. When accessing our website with a social network plug-in, your browser will make a direct connection to the social network operator’s server. The content of the plug-in will be transmitted by the social network operator’s accessed server directly to your browser and will be integrated on the web page. By integrating the plugin, the social network operator receives the information that you have accessed our page. If a social network connection session is running while browsing our website, the visit can be assigned to that user account. If you interact with the plug-in, that information is transmitted to your social network operator and saved there. If you want to prevent your social network provider from collecting your data through our website, you must disconnect (that is, log out) from your social network operator before visiting our website.
Information on the purpose and volume of data storage as well as on the further processing, use and rights you are entitled to, as well as setting options, can be found in the data protection social network operator’s specifications not related to this statement of protection data. You can find facebook operator guidelines at this link https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies
Voice For The Needy, Inc association assumes no responsibility for the data protection directives and the procedures of the partner web pages.
Google Analytics web analytics service
Our website uses the Google Analytics web analytics service of Google Inc. for statistical purposes. This web analytics service uses “cookies” (see above on Using cookies). Cookies only generate anonymous information about the use of our website. This information is forwarded to the Google Inc. server. in an EU Member State or outside the EU (eg in the US) and are saved there. Google Inc offers an adequate data protection regime in the US by participating in the PrivacyShield project – see details at https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000GnaNAAS
Google Inc. will eventually transmit the information to third parties to the extent that this is required by law or to the extent that third parties process such data on Google Inc.’s order. Neither us nor Google Inc. will link your IP address to other data that is saved by Google Inc. or by us.
To manage whether or not you want to send cookies to Google Analytics, you can access this link: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en
Voice For The Needy, Inc association assumes no responsibility for the data protection directives and the procedures of the partner web pages.
Please note that blocking Google’s access to cookies stored in your browser can have various implications that have no connection with our site (for example, when you click on an ad / advertisement from the search engine www.google.com to get to our website, Google.ro will not allow loading the website)
Denying or disabling cookies does not mean you will not receive online advertising – it means the online publicity will no longer be able to keep track of your preferences and interests highlighted by your browsing behavior.
The retention period for personal data
In order to determine the period for which personal data will be processed and retained, we take into consideration the contractual duration until the contractual obligations are fulfilled, respectively the purpose and the filing deadlines provided by the legal provisions in the matter. If you would like more information about how long we keep your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.
If we process your personal data under your consent, such personal data will be processed only for the period of your consent, unless you withdraw or limit your consent before the expiration of that period. In such cases, we will cease processing of that personal data for the relevant purposes, subject to any legal obligation to process such personal data and / or our need to process such personal data for the purposes of our legitimate rights (including the legitimate rights of others).
Our website and our other computer systems are protected by technical and organizational measures against the access, modification or dissemination of your data by unauthorized persons as well as against the loss or destruction of your data.
You are required to treat your data as confidential at all times and close the browser window when you finish visiting our website.
Questions, Suggestions and Complaints?