WE WANT TO EMPHASIZE THAT VOICE FOR THE NEEDY DOES NOT DIRECTLY ORGANIZE FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGNS. INSTEAD, WE HELP ROMANIAN (AND NOT ONLY) ASSOCIATIONS AND RESCUERS BY GIVING THEM THE POSSIBILITY TO COLLECT FUNDS THEMSELVES (OR THEIR SUPPORTERS) THROUGH OUR ASSOCIATION ON THE FACEBOOK PLATFORM.
ANYBODY CAN ORGANIZE A FUNDRAISER FOR VOICE FOR THE NEEDY, BUT THE RESCUERS, ASSOCIATIONS, AND PET OWNERS WHO WANT TO RECEIVE THE FUNDS COLLECTED THROUGH THESE FUNDRAISERS MUST GO THROUGH A VERIFICATION PROCESS AND BE APPROVED BY VOICE FOR THE NEEDY.
IF YOU ARE A SUPPORTER AND WANT TO FUNDRAISE FOR A RESCUER THROUGH VOICE FOR THE NEEDY, MAKE SURE THE RESCUER IS APPROVED BY VOICE FOR THE NEEDY.
DO NOT CREATE A FUNDRAISER IF THE RESCUER FOR WHOM YOU WANT TO ORGANIZE DID NOT RECEIVE WRITTEN APPROVAL VIA EMAIL FROM VOICE FOR THE NEEDY. THE APPROVAL EMAIL MUST COME FROM DONATE@VOICEFORTHENEEDY.ORG
If the Rescuer you want to help with a fundraiser is missing from the list of approved Rescuers, please follow the steps below.
Steps to benefit from fundraising through the Voice For The Needy:
- The Rescuer, or the person who wants to raise funds for the Rescuer's benefit, must fill out our application
- The Rescuer must send a copy of an identity document with a photo and the Rescuer's name (driver license, identity card, passport) to the following address email@example.com with the title: Fundraiser application for Rescuer first name and last.
- Rescuer will be interviewed by a Voice For The Needy representatives.
- References verification by a Voice For The Needy representative. The representative will contact the references mentioned by the Rescuer in the application form.
- The Rescuer will receive an approval or denial response via email to the email address added in the application form.
Read this before filling out the application
- Donation transfer schedule.
- Donations made between the 1st and 15th of the month, will be transfered by Facebook to Voice For The Needy bank account between 1 and 15 of the following month.
- Donations made between 16 and the last day of the month will be transfered by Facebook between 16 and the last day of the following month.
- After Facebook transfers the donations to our account, Voice For The Needy will send the donations to the rescuers. Considering that there is a gap between the moment when the donation is made and when the donation enters the Voice For The Needy account and then the Rescuer account, we do not recommend that the Rescuer should collect through Voice For The Needy for urgent cases.
- After receiving the funds, the Rescuer must send one or more Expense Reports that include photos or scanned copies of receipts and invoices to show how the donations were spent. View our video to learn how to create expense reports and send receipts
- The Rescuer must keep the receipts for at least three years following the end of the year when the expense report was created. Voice For The Needy reserve the right to ask the Rescuers to provide these receipts in original.
What happens after I fill out the Application?
- The applicant will receive an Approval or Rejection message to the email address specified in the Application. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list to ensure our email will not be considered Junk Mail.
What happens after the Rescuer is approved
- The Approval Email will specify the number of approved fundraisers and will contain links to the following pages:
- Voice For The Needy Rescuer web application
- how to create a fundraiser,
- how to promote a fundraiser,
- useful information about fundraisers.
- If the Rescuer is approved, their name will be added to the List of Approved Beneficiaries. The respective list contains the Rescuer's status and the location where they rescue.
- Associations and independent rescuers , regardless if they are level 1 or 2 (L1 or L2), are allowed to organize multiple fundraisers simultaneously. They can also have supporters organizing fundraisers for the association or independent rescuer's benefit. Regardless of who organizes the fundraiser, the Beneficiary (be it an association or independent rescuer) will receive the donations and will be responsible for creating Expense Reports and sending receipts and invoices to Voice For The Needy.
- Pet owners and people approved for a Courtesy Fundraiser may organize only one fundraiser. These Beneficiaries must send receipts from the first fundraiser and then ask permission for a new fundraiser if they need a second fundraiser. Here's how to create expense reports and send receipts.
- Voice For The Needy will publish donation reports twice a month on our web application (the link to our web application will be included in the approval email).
- The Rescuer will be able to add one or more payment methods in our web application, but only one method can be set as favorite. Voice For The Needy will transfer the donations to the favorite payment method.
- The Rescuer will be able to create expense reports in our web application.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long does it take to get verified by Voice For The Needy?
It takes a week on average, but sometimes it can take longer. All the applicants will receive a response at the email specified by them in the application. Please add email@example.com in your list of contacts to make sure our email will not be sent to Spam/Junk Folder.
- How long does the reference check takes?
We ask for references from people you collaborated with or people who know you very well. Usually it takes 2-3 days depending on how fast the references respond.
- How long does the interview last?
It usually takes 30 minutes to an hour. The interview will be held over the phone via Whatsapp or Facebook Messenger.
- What are the things Voice For The Needy is looking for during the verification process?
- The level and quality of collaboration with other local Rescuers
- Financial transparency
- Courtesy and politeness toward other rescuers, donors, collaborators, adopters, and the public
- lipsa de acuzații dovedite sau excesive de însușire ilegală a donațiilor destinate animalelor pe care le au in grija
- No accusations of corruption or misappropriation of donations
- No allegations of animal mistreatment
- Consistent and reliable documentation and tracking of rescue cases
- Can a Rescuer have multiple concomitent fundraisers?
Yes, if the rescuer has one of the following statuses:
- association L1,
- association L2,
- independent rescuer L1,
- independent rescuer L2
- or if the rescuer receives approval from Voice For The Needy.
- What payment methods does Voice For The Needy offer?
PayPal, Zelle, Venmo, Wise (formerly known asTransferWise).
- Does Voice For The Needy charge fees for a fundraiser?
Voice For The Needy does not charge any fees for a fundraiser or for any of our other services.
- How much does a donation transfer cost and who covers these transfer fees?
PayPal transfer fee is 4.99 USD. TransferWise fee depends on the transfered amount and the day on which the transfer happens. Click here to estimate the fee. Voice For The Needy covers the PayPal feels.The Rescuer covers the TransferWise fees.
- Does Facebook keep a percentage of donations?
Facebook does not charge any fees for donations received by non-profits registered in the United States of America. Voice For The Needy is a non-profit association registered in the United States of America. It is possible to lose a little at the conversion rates from USD to other currencies, but that does not depend on Voice For The Needy. Our Association receives donations only in USD, regardless of the currency in which the donation was made or the currency chosen for the fundraiser.
- What do I need to do to have a successful fundraiser?
Please read the information at the following links>
- How many references does a Rescuer need?
We recommend having at least one reference, but ideally ou should have three references. A reference could be one of your donors or a rescuer you collaborated with in the past.
- How and when will the Rescuer be interviewed?
A Voice For The Needy representative will communicate with the Rescuer via Facebook Messenger or email, and together they will determine the day and time when the interview will take place and the method (usually Facebook Messenger, Skype, Whatsapp, or direct phone call).
- What is the time zone difference between the Voice For The Needy location and Romania?
Voice For The Needy Association is located in Los Angeles, California, USA in Pacific Standard Timezone (PST). Romania is 10 hours ahead. For example, if it is Saturday at 8:00 in Romania, it is Friday at 20:00 in Los Angeles.